Sunday, 1 May 2016

First Custom Order Finished!

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! Welcome to May the 1st!

In a way it feels like it's gone very quick since I last wrote my post two weeks ago, but I've actually been really ill last week with a flu-like virus that completely knocked me for six! I don't remember ever being that ill before. But I'm back now, and gradually feeling back to normal, just with a bad cough and easily feeling tired!

While I was ill I didn't feel like doing any crafting whatsoever, but this week I managed to find some of my cro-jo again! 😄 So I finished my first ever commissioned blanket for a lovely lady in America. I've spoken about it before but not shown you any pictures until now, I wanted to wait until it was complete before showing you, although if you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen its progress as I worked on it.

It's very similar to the large double-bed size blanket that I made for my parents Pearl Wedding Anniversary last September, on a slightly smaller scale but in the exact same colours as the original.

And here it is! 😊



I'm very happy with how it's come out, I can't wait until my Etsy Shop opens in the next couple of weeks, because then I can list it for my customer and send it off to her in the USA!

This afternoon I'm busily working away on my next project, a crochet ripple blanket in the Lily Pond CAL colours, while watching the rugby! I've also been trying to find a nice sock knitting pattern - toe up magic loop - that I can have a go at. I'd like a pattern that's interesting and works well with self striping yarn, but that also has a really easy heel, as I always seem to struggle at the heel point. I'm wondering if I need to have a go at an afterthought heel?

What's your favourite go-go sock knitting pattern?

Anyway, that's all from me this afternoon! My sister Ellie will be back next Sunday as usual!

TTFN! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we'd love to hear from you!