Sunday 1 May 2016

First Custom Order Finished!

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! Welcome to May the 1st!

In a way it feels like it's gone very quick since I last wrote my post two weeks ago, but I've actually been really ill last week with a flu-like virus that completely knocked me for six! I don't remember ever being that ill before. But I'm back now, and gradually feeling back to normal, just with a bad cough and easily feeling tired!

While I was ill I didn't feel like doing any crafting whatsoever, but this week I managed to find some of my cro-jo again! 😄 So I finished my first ever commissioned blanket for a lovely lady in America. I've spoken about it before but not shown you any pictures until now, I wanted to wait until it was complete before showing you, although if you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen its progress as I worked on it.

It's very similar to the large double-bed size blanket that I made for my parents Pearl Wedding Anniversary last September, on a slightly smaller scale but in the exact same colours as the original.

And here it is! 😊



I'm very happy with how it's come out, I can't wait until my Etsy Shop opens in the next couple of weeks, because then I can list it for my customer and send it off to her in the USA!

This afternoon I'm busily working away on my next project, a crochet ripple blanket in the Lily Pond CAL colours, while watching the rugby! I've also been trying to find a nice sock knitting pattern - toe up magic loop - that I can have a go at. I'd like a pattern that's interesting and works well with self striping yarn, but that also has a really easy heel, as I always seem to struggle at the heel point. I'm wondering if I need to have a go at an afterthought heel?

What's your favourite go-go sock knitting pattern?

Anyway, that's all from me this afternoon! My sister Ellie will be back next Sunday as usual!

TTFN! xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Felicity! I have been looking ALL OVER the internet for the past two hours looking for the Grace blanket pattern! I found it however it only tells me how to do the middle sunburst squares and it stops at round 8 after joining the squares together. I would LOVE to know what you did to make this blanket bigger and how you did the smaller squares, how many small squares, and how much yarn you ended up getting for each color! Your help will be appreciated!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment, we'd love to hear from you!