Sunday 24 April 2016

Crochet Flashback - C2C Blanket

Hi everybody,

Can you believe it's been two weeks since I last spoke to you?!!! Time is just flying by! Today I'm feeling all reminicent (!) so I wanted to show you a project that I finished a few months ago. It was my first ever C2C or Corner To Corner blanket. My Instagram followers will already be familiar with it as you all watched it's progress over a few months.



It turned out to be ALOT bigger than I anticipated because I just carried on going until I ran out of yarn. In the beginning I thought it would just be single bed size but in the end, it was double bed size! I loved making this blanket sooo much. It took me a bit to get to grips with the pattern but once it had "clicked", the rows started whizzing up!!!


It does have a sad story to it unfortunately. I'd been making it for a friend who was in hospital at the time and who we thought would soon be returning back home and I wanted to have this blanket ready for her home-coming but she very suddenly passed away before I could get it finished. After that, trying to get the blanket finished had a very bitter-sweet feeling to it and for a while I didn't really want to do anymore to it. Once it was finished though, I decided to give it to one of her closest friends. I'm so pleased it's gone to a good home, to someone who appreciates it very much.


Every stitch is a labour of love, it's a wonderful feeling to be able to give it to someone who appreciates all the time, effort and love we put into our creations! I'll definitely be doing another C2C blanket sometime soon, because the pattern is so lovely and relaxing to make, but not until I've finished some of my other current wips (who knows how long that will take!!! ;oD ).

Well, I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday! Thank you so much for dropping by! Speak to you all very soon my lovelies!!!
Much love,
Ellie
Xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Love your c2c wanting to make one. Was wondering how many rows you did before you decreased? Thanks for your quick response about the shell blanket also loving the ripple.
    Anne Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,
      How are you my lovely?
      I just carried on until I'd got through half of my yarn, after every pattern repeat I weighed it to see how much I'd got left. Looking at the picture above of it on the bed, it looks like I did 6 pattern repeats of 6 colours and each colour had 5 rows, so halfway would have been 90 rows (...madly tapping into my calculator!!!...). I don't have this blanket anymore you see, as I gave it away, so I'm guessing. But if you keep going until you have half your yarn left, you should be fine. One thing though, I forgot to do this, keep some of the colour you want for your border to one side, I completely forgot to and had to talk very nicely to my sister to give me some of hers!!! Cheeky I know, but what are sisters for? ;oD Anyway I hope this was helpful to you, please let us know how you get on with it love.
      Lots of love Ellie Xx

      Delete

Leave us a comment, we'd love to hear from you!